Reagan Says Thompson is No Reagan

President Reagan's son Michael Reagan appeared on Your World with Neil Cavuto recently to talk about the '08 presidential election. He took issue with people comparing former Senator Fred Thompson to his father. He said:


When you went to a Ronald Reagan speech, and you listened to it, if you listened to one of them or all of them, you always felt the speech he just got done giving was the greatest speech he had ever given. And you would follow him to the moon if he'd have led you there after the speech – and I'm not seeing that in Fred Thompson at all. I see no call.
Reagan, who claims not to have a "horse " in this race, says, "I think the lower-tier that nobody gives any credit to, the Huckabees the Hunters – I think they offer something."

Reagan could not seem to find anything he liked about Thompson other than the fact that he was an actor. One statement he made in particular struck me as insightful, " When people hear Fred speak, I'm still not getting that 'wow' factor – 'Wow'! Fred Thompson's going to lead us where?"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment