Reasons to agree:
|Over seas zoos are cooler, |
because they let you have
more of an experience with animals
- Our pets put up with our kids playing with (tormenting) them. See video below for proof.
- Cats are good on a farm for killing mice.
- Dogs are good for scaring away possums raccoon and field mice.
- No one's house needs to be so clean that they don't have animals.
- Having animals can help you prepare for your death, and the deaths of those you love. Animals usually have a shorter life span than we do. We don't talk about death enough.
- It is true that the sun will burn out, and we are the only species that has a chance to escape this earth, but we will be lonely if we can't take any other species with us.
- Animals experience human emotions.
- Pets are a mess.
- Pets shed.
- Pets poop and pee in your house or in your yard.
- Pets kill grass, when walking on it all winter long
- Animals are work. If you think the work is worth it, good for you. If you don't, then you will probably have time for other stuff. You shouldn't feel bad if your not an animal person. You aren't missing anything that great. For instance if you have young kids, you can just know that your life will already be frazzled, dirty, and chaotic. Perhaps you can wait until your kids are a little older for a dog, or your house is better suited for an animal.
- Cats make people crazy. They actually give you a disease that makes you crazy.
# of reasons to agree: +4
# of reasons to disagree: -3
# of reasons to agree with reasons to agree: +0
# of reasons to agree with reasons to disagree: -3/2 = -1/5
Total Idea Score: 4-2-3/2 = -0.5
My son chasing our dog on his tricycle
"Well, bless my soul! Take it out! Take it out! Take it out! Remove it!" James and I noticed this on the way to drop him off at day care.
Kids get all excited about geese at the zoo
Wolves, at the zoo
Kids want to have interactions with the natural world around them, including anmils.
I am trying to paint a picture of me being a sophisticated-Idahoan. Me telling stories that involve the use of the barter system may not be a dandy way for me to implement the sophisticated-Idahoan campaign. Oh well.
My Dad taught drivers-ed during the summer. Some guy gave us a baby cow instead of paying us with regular money. So we called the calf "Dred" for Drivers Education.
Dred was a childhood pet of mine. For a cow, he made a very good pet. I remember having a leash and walking him around the pasture. When we installed an electric fence we put some food on it to draw the cow to it.
We did not realize how long it would take for the electric elements to warm up. By the time the fence turned on Dred had wrapped his tough completely around the food and was trying to swallow it.
It did not take long for Dred to realize the basic operations of the electric fence. Dred jumped with such surprise that he nearly knocked over the fence. Needless to say Dred was never the same after that, and never seemed to trust those who witnessed what has come to be known as the "shockening".
Images that agree: +7
|Walking around a pasture without shoes! Not too smart.|
|I didn't have dogs growing up but we had a couple|
|Megan's dog Finley wearing my glasses|
|James enjoying Finnley's new dog house|
Finley was a very good dog, and a great friend for our son
|Portrait of Steve Irwin with his daughter by Hugh Stewart. He experienced animals in their natural habitat, and gave his family a good life. So great that he took his daughter with him into nature, but let her still be a princess.|
Websites that agree:
- Its alright to let your young kids chase geese +5
- The Shed Aquarium is cool
- Trips to the zoo are good for kids
- Kids like (are are like) wild animals