This is what I have so far:

Jan Mickelson: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM, Good morning Sir, Welcome aboard.

 

MR: Thank you good to be with you this morning. Marshaltown, is one of my favorite places. I used to work in marshal town.

 

Jan Mickelson: As a what?

 

MR: I worked there as a consultant to fisher controls. It was one of my first assignments as a young consultant and I made the treck, gosh it was a long period of time, back and forth from Dimoin to Marshaltown. I worked for a guy named Larry Sully who was head of that division. He told me I was going to come to love the people of Iowa and he was right.

 

Jan Mickelson: You have a photographic memory.

 

MR: Not Really. But there are a few things you can remember such as at Rubs, there is a place called Rubs, in Monture and I sued to go there…

 

Jan Mickelson: Did you cook your own

 

MR: I did cook my own.

 

Jan Mickelson: Are you any good?

 

Jan Mickelson: No now and then..I had to keep taking my…I got these real think filet menoins, cause that's what I wanted,  you know you cook it and cook it and it looked like charcoal on the outside, and I got back to my table and it was too raw, and you had to go back, this was…

 

Jan Mickelson: You made your own stake go back?

 

MR: Of course. This…

 

Jan Mickelson: You probably didn't even tip yourself.

 

MR: This was when Rubs had about 10 tables. It is now a much bigger interprise, but this was back, oh gosh, probably in the late 70s.

 

Jan Mickelson: OK. They have wonderful soccer field up there too, Ed Fisher built for the community. They are a progressive community in one sense, but they, uh, anyway that's a different story, because you have talked about immigration before (who hasn't) and immigration has had a huge effect on marshaltown and a lot of rural Iowa communities. Well, welcome abourd sir,

 

MR: Thank You

 

Jan Mickelson: You've been on an ask me anything tour.

 

MR: Yeah

 

Jan Mickelson: Does that apply to me?

 

MR: You can ask whatever you like but I will dodge some of your questions

 

Jan Mickelson: Because our time is extraordinarily limited can I just dispense with the rest of the niceties…

 

MR: Absolutely.

 

Jan Mickelson: and go right to the tough questions.

 

MR: Yeah.

 

Jan Mickelson: At the, ah, um, because you are right now, ah, according to recent public opinion polls running number one in the republican side here, ah, you are the candidate to beat here in Iowa.

 

MR: You know I hope I'm doing well here. I think we've counted and I've been at over 200 events in Iowa and I've met a lot of great people. We've got a great team, doing our best, and hopefully making progress.

 

Jan Mickelson: You and I share a common affection for the late Cleon Skouson.

 

MR: Mmm.

 

Jan Mickelson: The last I talked to you you said he was one of your instructors (does that mean Romney has an effecting for him?)

 

MR: Exactly

 

Jan Mickelson: He was also one of my instructors, via a book he wrote on the making of America. It was a wonderful commentary on the US constitution. It combines Madison's notes with every codicil in the constitution. It tells you exactly what original intent is.

 

(First of all Jan, there wasn't one real intent. The constitution was agreed apon by many different people with many different intents)

 

MR: Isn't that something? That is a book I had not read, and it's worth reading?

 

Jan Mickelson: Oh Absolutely.  

 

Jan Mickelson: You can never be a hustled by a politician again (ooh, magic! You have the keys to knowledge, Jan! You have politician's kryptonite.) If you've actually read the original intent of the framers (Jan seems to think that he is the only one who has ever done this. Mitt Romney graduated with honors from Harvard Law school. Do you think politicians like Mitt Romney, have never read the founding fathers? Here is a news flash for you Jan. Most politicians have probably read the founding fathers more than you have.)

 

MR: Wouldn't it be nice if our supreme court followed the intent of the constitution and the framers, instead of using the constitution as a springboard as some attempt to do.

 

Jan Mickelson: Is Rowe vs. Wade the law of the land?

 

MR: It is now. It is…

 

Jan Mickelson: You just flunked Cleon Skousan's test

 

(What an arrogant prick. Let's play stupid games with semantics)

 

MR: It was improperly decided, I'm sorry to…

 

Jan Mickelson: Cleon is spinning in his grave SIR.

 

MR: I'm sorry to violate the Cleon Scouson test, I'm not familiar with it.

 

Jan Mickelson: Well no the point is the Supreme Court doesn't make law, it can't make law. There are only 3 sources of law and the court is not one of them.

 

(A lot of people have spoken of Jan Mickelson's arrogance, in telling Mitt Romney what HIS religion believes. I think Jan's arrogance manifest itself most because Jan is not a lawyer, and he has in front of him someone Mitt Romney who graduated at the top of class from Harvard Law school, and Jan think that he can teach mitt Romney about how Law is made? Look you now name 3rd rate talk show host, have some humility. This "I know everything act" is pretty lame.)

 

MR: We obviously apply what the Supreme Court tells us me must do, and in my opinion…

 

(Here is where Mitt Romney starts getting interrupted with every sentence he tries to speak)

 

Jan Mickelson: Even if it's unconstitutional? Even if they just make it up?

 

MR: That, unfortunately, is a decision that the court has the first choice of making… And then

 

(Back to Cleon)

 

Jan Mickelson: You flunked the 2nd Cleon Skousan test.

 

MR: And then you have redress. This is what happened in my state. The court said that people of the same gender, under the constitution, are entitled to marry…

 

Jan Mickelson: They were wrong.

 

MR: My constitution was written by John Adams in Massachusetts…

 

Jan Mickelson: Yes

 

MR: …and John

 

Jan Mickelson: which excluded legislating from the bench

 

MR: exactly

 

Jan Mickelson: … and so your duty and obligation at that point was to say thank you for sharing, its not law.

 

MR: And the redress at..

 

Jan Mickelson: that's cleaon Skouson's opinion.

 

(As though just because Mitt Romney and Cleon are both Mormon, they should both agree?)

 

(Being incredible deferential)

 

MR: That's Cleaon's option… Our redress at that stage is open to us because the constitution does lay out how to overtern a court decision. In our case its through ballet initiatives and an amendment to our state constitution, which is a process we began and are still fighting for in my state. There are ways of having the people step above the court... what was interesting…

 

Jan Mickelson: But if the court was lawless… if its assuming legislative authority…you don't even have to invoke the redresses you mentioned you just say that is null and void on the face because they are out of their legal jurisdictions…and you don't have to sign anything overwhich they have legal jurisdiction.

 

(Does Jan think saying the word "jurisdiction" over and over makes him a lawyer?

 

This is MassResistance propaganda, and it is completely stupid. It is embarrassing that Jan Mickelson got a hold of it (probably from Brownback) and even more embarrassing that he believes it.)

 

MR: Its not a circumstance I would look forward to…

 

Jan Mickelson: Oh I would

 

MR: … having to confront.

 

Jan Mickelson: I would LOVE to…

 

(And here it is that we get to the real point of the interview. Jan Mickelson gets real loud and pompous here, because he day dreams of being in power.)

 

Jan Mickelson: I'm only speaking for myself here, Mr. Governor, but I want a president who will tell the supreme court when it leaves its constitutional boundaries, to go take a Flying leap, and meet me in the back and we'll settle this like men. Because that is what this country is crying for, and we don't have to amend the constitution aberrant supreme court rulings, if the guy at top, and the political class…

 

(You can tell this guy has psychological problems. He hates "the political class", he daydreams about what he would do if he was in power. He gets very flippant sounding when he says, "sir" or "Governor". He has problems.

 

Jan Mickelson: will assume their constitutional authority, according to Cleon Skouson.

 

MR: I hear what Cleon is saying, I would worry about a circumstance where a president would decide which court decisions…

 

Jan Mickelson: You mean like Adams, and Washingtons, and Jefferson

 

MR: No. Clinton. Alright? I worry about a Hillary Clinton saying, "I don't like that court decision, and I disagree with it, and they've gone on the wrong side, and I've decided I'm going to take a different course…

 

Jan Mickelson: Well there is a different branch of Government too.

 

MR: I understand. I'm not terribly enthused about Harry Reid either. And so what I tell you in my view the right course for Rowe v. Wade, is to have it overturned, and to have it overturned by a court which includes additional justices like Roberts and Alito, and that is the way to have the states finally have the authority that states were intended to have, which is this should be a matter of state decisions not federal decision.

 

Jan Mickelson: What would you do then… On a personal basis you have made a transistion. I'm not going to play the sound bites, but you have been on the record a couple of times in favor of abortion…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment