from the Bard

Oh! What do we need in a president?

With so many options some think the task tough

To figure out which in the crowd measure up

It's not mine to say which of those we see here

Will stand straight and tall or fall on their ear

But one thing I think is quite obviously clear

The leader we want works in honorable ways

who clearly can see by the night or by day

And chart a fixed course and never will stray

From doing each tiniest thing they did say

His or her character never will be

Put up for bids on the highest paid fee

But will endeavor with all honesty

To act in all ways to keep our land free

Who do I think it should be?

I admit it is easy to think I'd be stuck

With the slinging of mud and the rottenest muck

To know which to keep and which we could chuck

But I think with much prayer and a little good luck

The people will know the saint from the schmuck

And at least they will say " let's chuck Huck!"

No comments:

Post a Comment