The Laubs are good artists

James at my work, drawing the sun saying, "Nice Picture". The moon saying: "all I'm waiting for is night", a cloud saying, "I like to fly", a bird saying, "all I'm waiting for is food", James saying, "I like outside", me saying, "What!", a tree saying, "I like the sun", and a flower saying, "me to". 




















Drawing Teachers: 1992

In Jr. High I started drawing teachers as a way to look at a teacher without really paying attention. I know it is not great art, but I really like the concept of sharing sketches (see Dan Price's moonlight chronicles).

I think sketching forces you to look at the world, and sharing sketches is a great way of seeing a moment of time through someone else's eyes. Its doesn't do anything profound, or teach you any great lessons, unless the subject matter is great, but I think it is sort of fun and interesting.
Jr. Principal, Mr. Beamer with a perm
Jr. Principal, Mr. Beamer with a perm


Mr. Fields, South Jr. High
Mr. Fields, South Jr. High
8th Grade Math Teacher, Mr. Turley
8th Grade Math Teacher, Mr. Turley, South Jr. High
8th Grade Math Teacher, Mr. Turley, South Jr. High 
Mr. Graph, South Jr. High
Mr. Graph, South Jr. High
"Mr. Turley as a punk rocker", South Jr. High
"Mr. Turley as a punk rocker", South Jr. High
Mr. Fischer, South Jr. High Nampa, Idaho Physical Science Teacher
Mr. Olsen, South Jr. High History Teacher
Mr. Olsen, South Jr. High History Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment