Reasons to agree: +8
- The Illinois Train Museum in Union IL is a good place to take your kids. Denver doesn't have anything like that+3
- The Chicago Art Institute is a better Art Museum than the Denver Art Museum. +3
- The Chicago Shed Aquarium is better than any sort of ocean life exhibit in the Denver area.+3
- The Chicago Field Museum is better than the Denver Field Museum. +0
- Chicago has a good Science and Industry museum. Denver doesn't have anything like this. They have a natural science museum that compares to Chicago's Field Museum.
- Chicago has a pretty cool planetarium. Denver doesn't have anything like that.
- Chicago has way more square footage of museums than Denver. Depth and variety are good ways of measuring museums qualities. This is much easier to achieve with more square footage.
- Chicago has a rich history with jazz music, with places that you can still go to. Denver doesn't have anything like that.
- More important history and important things happened in Chicago than Denver. Its history is not as rich as Europe, or other places over seas, but it has a pretty good history.
Reasons to agree: +2
- Denver has better Dinosaur exhibits than Chicago, even though Chicago has Sue (the most complete Tyrannosaurus Rex skeleton) and other Dinosaurs. Much of Chicago's rocks from ancient times was scrapped away in the Ice Ages.
- Chicago got red of their Elephants at their museum. If you really care about elephants, I guess the Denver zoo is better than the Brookfield and Lincoln zoos.
Websites that agree:
# of reasons to agree: +4
# of reasons to disagree: -
# of reasons to agree with reasons to agree: +(+4+3+3)/2 = +5
# of reasons to agree with reasons to disagree: -0
Total Idea Score: +9
Don't like the score? It is easy to change the score. Just post a reason to agree or disagree with the overall idea, or any of the reasons and the score will change.
Background Context and Assumptions
The quality of Museums is an important way comparing cities.
Reasons to agree: +7
- Going to museums is a good ways of learning stuff, and traveling the world without jet lag.
- The quality of museums are a way of measuring the education, sophistication, and commitment to the arts.
- The people that work at, cultivate, maintain, and visit the museums make each community better educated, and better integrated with the wold's communities.