Mitt Romney at Jack's

Mitt Romney at Jack's

Mitt Romney (GG file photo)

Jack's in New London was a happening place this morning, July 25, when I arrived about 10:15 am. It helps to know the area, so I didn't even try to park at Jack's since I assumed the lot would be full. It was.

So, I scooted directly down to the Kearsarge Regional Middle School which is behind Jack's and parked the ole' gal and walked up to Jack's. The place was full when I arrived with some spillover outside.

Since I'm an "undecided" at the moment, I was asked to give an interview for the local Argus-Champion paper. The nice young reporter, Phillip, diligently wrote everything down I said so check it out next Wednesday. Hopefully, he won't misquote me on anything, but then, hey, I've been called names and misquoted before. Likely, I've misquoted people as well. I hope I don't do that here, but I'm a lefty, took some notes in shorthand and longhand and wrote a lot while I was listening to Mitt.

I really wanted to ask him if his father was a baseball fan and that's why he named him Mitt. However, it seemed there were much more pressing issues to address during the Q&A so I refrained. But, I'm still curious. Does anybody know?

I spoke with one of the nice young staffers, Christy I think, first and queried her on some war issues. She was well-prepared and knew her stuff. I had previously been sent some info on Gov. Romney's stance on major social issues, immigration, and protecting traditional marriage from the very nice, Emily Cantin, one of the field reps, whom I also had the pleasure of meeting.

Please take all of this with a grain of salt, but I think this is the gist of what Gov. Romney had to say about a lot of different things.

I met him outside first and introduced myself and asked him if I could ask him a question about the war. He said, of course, I'll call on you during the Q&A.

One thing for certain is that he definitely looks like Presidential material and has the demeanor, a strong handshake, and seems very comfortable in his own skin. He was tan and perfectly coifed, of course. In fact, with temps in the 90's and high humidity my long, thick, rather coarse, just washed hair was starting to frizz a bit and I wanted to ask him what hair product he recommends for smoothing out one's hair since his looked so sleek and smooth with just the right amount of graying so as to look distinguished.

Click here for more.


No comments:

Post a Comment