Obama Backs Off Campaign Promise to Rapidly Withdraw from Iraq

This is my initial blog here at Mike's new site and I wanted to start off my segment by saying that I agree with Obama's decision to go slow on the troop withdrawals from Iraq.

During the campaign I visibly winced every time Obama would promise his minions on the left to precipitously yank the troops out of Iraq, thereby snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory.

His decision to slow the troop withdrawals has no doubt caused untold anguish in the precincts of the left, but much relief amongst those of us who believe that it would be a tragedy to have invested so much blood, so much human suffering and exhausted so much treasure, just to see victory slip through our fingers at the last moment!

Now, on the points where I disagree with Obama............just about everything else! Wait, I have to be more open minded that that. Well, I'll have to spend some time on that one. When I think of something, I promise that you, the faithful readers of this blog, will be the first to know.

~~John Cronin~~

2 comments:

  1. Maybe we should just call this website Romney vs. Obama

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't make the name that specific, just in case Romney decides not to run.

    That would be a terrible blow, because I don't see anyone else ready to step into a leadership roll for years to come.

    ReplyDelete