Romney at the Chicago Hilton

I left work a little early and drove downtown to see Romney. It was free, and I only had to pay $6 for parking.

There were about 50 people in the room before hand. Here is a bit of his speech from Jason Bonham. If you get a chance, subscribe to his videos.

Romney in Chicago





That is the back of my head with the glasses, and the white shirt.

Romney in Chicago 6/14/07 #2


The guy with the pink tie was from The Economist. He wouldn't shake Jason's hand, maybe a germ-a-phobe. One lady in the background kind of made fun of one of their questions, and I did too. I hope I didn't embarass Romney. I'm the whiney voice that said, "let him answer the question". I have no idea why I said that. I worried about it all night. Now I made the press mad at Romney supporters, but if you would have seen them you would have been annoyed too.

Here is the portion where he discussed Massachusetts.



I was very disappointed with the press. They asked the same exact questions that had been asked at the last debate, and I was embarrassed for them for the crazy way that they act (yelling, shoving, jamming their microphone in front of each other... they kind of had this crazy look in their eye as they were barking questions at Romney) and they were interrupting his answers...

When he went to shake someone else's hand, I thought he was going for mine, and I felt awkward.





Dan Rutherford was there and introduced him. Romney went around and shook most people's hands.

The AP made it sound like they had a sit down with Romney and that Romney told them what he thought about policy. It was very self serving on their part. In actuality, they were just one of the crowd shouting at him, and his answer to a vaguely worded question should not have been seen as the policy statement, that the AP tried to make it sound like...

The person who asked the “how did you arrive at your decision, was it biblically based or some other way.”

Was this guy:

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_165195525.html

I guess he didn't get his story, and didn't write about that part.

What do you think of these press availabilities? Don't you think they should raise their hands and let Romney call on them? I wish I would have videotaped them instead of Romney, so that you can see it from his perspective. They were a weird bunch of people.

I sort of wish I would have given him my camera, to take a picture with us. One person was going to take a picture with Romney, and Romney took the camera, and turned on the flash or something...

Have you been to one of these? What were your thoughts? If you have a digital camera, I highly advise that you videotape the reporters asking the question, so that you can see the question and the answer in context.

~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment